I have been nominated by LIVINGASTANYA Please go check them out!
1. What was the most scariest moment in your life?
I would have to say when my mother kicked me out on my 18th birthday because my lifestyle didn’t fit into her cookie-cutter, Islamic expectations she had for me since I was born. I was homeless and was doing unspeakable things to survive living in the streets before I finally got the help I needed.
2. What or who inspires your writing?
I honestly believe it’s all the trauma and abuse I went through that ultimately became my muse. I learned and gained more inspiration from the awful things I have endured than from all the good times I had. The loss of my ex-fiance was also a big help in aiding and strengthening my literary abilities since I first founded my blog.
3. How have you overcame writers block?
That’s easy! I look into other blogs to get ideas. Don’t get me wrong! I don’t plagiarize! It’s the different styles, themes, and vocabulary used in other blogs that turns on the metaphorical light-bulb hovering just above my head.
4. Are you published, would you like to be published?
I’m currently self-published. As of now, I published my novel, The Pandemonium Chronicles: The Merge between Heaven and Hell, and my poetry book, Trials and Tribulations, on Kindle Direct Publishing. I would LOVE to be published by Scholastic or Random House someday.
5. What do you think is your best poem or short story?
Despite the ascension in likes and comments for my more recent posts, I must confess that one of my much older poems, Triskelion, will always be the best poem I ever wrote. It was the epitome of my adolescent years rolled up into a poetic form called a Ballade.
6. Your favorite novel?
Good question! My favorite series (that’s not mainstream) is Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake novels. However, if I could only choose one, I would say the first book, Guilty Pleasures, hands down! Guilty Pleasures introduced me to the wonderful parallel world where supernatural beings and the legal system are intermingled. For instance, vampires are considered legal citizens so Anita must acquire a warrant before she can legally stake a vampire.
7. If you could meet an author who would you meet?
J. K. Rowling! I love her! I love how she was homeless and living in her car, writing Sorcerer’s Stone on Starbucks napkins! How incredible was that?! When I was homeless, I just wanted to die. I didn’t even have the mental capacity at the time to write anything. I want to ask her how she did it all!
8. If you were trapped on an island what three items would you have?
A huge notebook, one of those giant novelty pencils (they come with their own pencil sharpener so that’s included), and The Bible. You’d be surprised how many ideas you can get from its passages. I would say a phone or a knife, but there’s no way to charge a phone on an island and for the knife, I believe I’m resourceful enough to make a weapon out of materials in the wild.
9. What is one thing in the world you’d like to change?
I would make it so that hatred doesn’t exist. It just baffles me how often I witness people holding grudges for years on end or plotting against each other. It’s madness! Like I always say, we’re all human subjected to trials and tribulations regardless of who we are or what we have that differs from another. We all experience love, tragedy, despair, misery, hope, longing, fleeting spurts of joy, and heart-break. Can we just agree to disagree?! Can we learn to forgive and practice radical acceptance?! Life is hard for everyone!
10. How long have you been writing?
The first memory I recall writing was when I was in sixth grade and my English teacher told the class to write a short story about anything. I fell in love with free writing right then and there! No bounds and no limitations! So overall, I’d say I have been writing for around ten years now. I’m never going to stop!
Ten Random Facts About Me:
1. I can snap my fingers and dribble a basketball much better with my left hand even though I’m right-handed!
2. I just love TV Land! It’s my favorite TV station and it’s where I saw my first crush, Desi Arnaz, on I Love Lucy.
3. I am a Fitness Junkie! I do yoga everyday and I work out three times a week for two hours each time.
4. I made up a term called a “comedy fetish” which I define as the one thing that makes you laugh the most. Mine is decapitation, preferably in horror films. (What is yours?)
5. You know that movie, The Water Boy, with Adam Sandler? Well, I can do a perfect impersonation of his character. It’s hilarious!
6. I once flipped out and got restrained in a hospital… on a dare!
7. I’m proficiently trained in Boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I’m no sissy!
8. I consider myself a Spiritual Empath. It’s the ability to sense the continuous external emotional stimuli that leads to the confusion of one’s own emotions with those of others around them. The simplest way to describe them is through their ability to absorb the emotional frequencies of others, just like an “emotional sponge.”
9. I used to spread rumors about myself in high school so that people would stay away from me. It worked! 😀
10. I made a Facebook account for my pet cat, Silly, apart from my own personal one and made it look like we’re married. Our first year anniversary was on June 1st of this year!
My nominees are:
Game of Words
Living With Depression
Ten Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is the one thing that makes you feel the most joy?
2. If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose and why?
3. State and explain something about you that only your closest friends would know about you.
4. What is your “comedy fetish?” (What is the one thing in the world that makes you laugh the most?) (i.e. America’s Funniest Videos, people falling down stairs, a favorite comedian, etc.)
5. If you had a chance to become an apprentice for any famous person or fictional character of your choice, who would they be and why?
6. What is the funniest joke you know?
7. If you could go back in time to undo something you did in your past or do something in your past that you neglected to do, what would it be or why?
8. What piece of writing are you most proud of creating?
9. What would you consider a perfect day?
10. If you can make anyone in the world fall in love with you, who would they be and why?
Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the top of this post, I’ve included a the image you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
For the 2016 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)